I hope my handful of readers enjoyed my first installment of Rants & Raves. While I didn’t expect to immediately have a second dose already…this week has compiled a couple thoughts. Allow me to spill this weeks Rants & Raves.
- I have to at least mention something about May vs Pac. I did not spend the money, but saw enough to know I was glad I didn’t. When THE Burger King & Jimmy Kimmel are in your corners you steal the spotlight of the biggest bout boxing has seen in years and turn it into a sideshow. Plus when there isn’t much actual boxing…that hurts the product as well. But good for Floyd beating a guy 5 years past his prime. Sorry Floyd, you want to hug it out? Let’s hug it out!
- UFC has revealed how fighters will be compensated with the new 6 year Reebok deal. I honestly like the deal. It’s smart and it moves the sport forward in my opinion. Every other big sport has a uniform, let’s step up our look. Plus, it can’t be bad getting paid as a fighter for your loyalty in a timely manner over chasing small time sponsorships for months for that pay out.
- NBA has picked up here in the second round of the playoffs. All four series are tied at 1 a piece, home court advantage has disappeared for the favorites, but things are heating up. Props to Memphis for stepping up to that challenge, Chef Curry will cook something up for them though, nice to see a battle though. Houston can enjoy CP3’s absence for now, but they’ll need more to overcome LA’s “other” team upon return. Chicago shocked by taking game 1, Lebron and company woke up in game 2 and crushed the Bulls. Should be an interesting road trip to the Chi. Oh…Atlanta and Washington are trying to decide who gets to fall to the Cavs in the Eastern Finals.
- On that note…Lebron’s headband is back…guess he didn’t want to be too much like this teammates.
- Deflategate…cause why not. “I don’t really have any reaction”…plans to address it “hopefully soon”. I’m fluent in BS, so let me translate that for ya. “Uhhhhh, someone is coming up with a proper response for me so I don’t incriminate myself. But yea, I definitely cheated.” That was seriously your answer Tom?