Summer, summer, summertime. Suns out guns out, ice cold drinks, Fresh Prince & Jazzy Jeff on the boom box blastin’…lemonade stands going up? I ran out of summer analogies. Point is it’s summer, mid July, and it’s time for me to rant and rave about stuff. NBA season has come to an end. MLB is at their halfway point…and I’m anxiously waiting for football season. Lay back, cause it’s Volume 3.
- Today’s Rants & Raves is brought to you by the word “Collusion”. It is defined as a secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat. How can Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant both receive the exact same deals within seconds of each other but yet the Broncos and Cowboys were not in collusion with each other!? I call shenanigans.
- WWE seems to have a new wave of stars coming through and it’s exciting. As hard as it is to see longtime stars fade away, change is good at times and this can be a benefit for fans.
- With that said, Seth Rollins is still rolling in his role as Champion. Even though Brock Lesnar has returned, I think this is the exact display of grit and fight that Seth needs to display on his own (without The Authority) to establish his status as true heel and WWE Champion. Seth defeating the Beast would be perfect for his role. Seth Rollins Is Rolling
- On the note of football: Can you feel it? It’s in the air. Fantasy Football is right around the corner!! Grab your crew and sign up for a league! Finding that perfect team name can take time, might as well get started early. If you’ve never played, give it a shot. It’s too much fun to not experience.
- Urijah Faber vs Conor McGregor!? Yes please! Oh…as coaches for The Ultimate Fighter? And they won’t actually fight each other!? Fine, I’ll still watch it.
- By the way, Frank Mir…what is going on!? Are we about to see Frank Mir regain top contender status and challenge for the title he thrives for. While he can easily show up next time looking overweight and unmotivated…but man, he put a quick session against Todd Duffee. Good night. Mir is looking sharp enough to at least draw my interest.
- And much props to the UFC for delivering a heck of a week of amazing fights.
- Fedor…No. We love you, but no.
- “I wonder how Floyd feels being beat by a woman for once.” -Ronda Rousey *mic drop*